Ghee Seared Steak
Prep Time: 10-30 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Mise en Place
- Steak of your choice (we used a 2-inch thick sirloin)
- URB'N Garlic Ghee - 1 tbsp
- O.G. Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the steaks by coating them in salt and pepper, and bringing it up to room temperature
- In a heavy bottom pan, melt 1 tbsp O.G. Ghee on high heat.
- Once the Ghee is smokin' hot, using tongs, hold the steaks fat cap down — it should sizzle as soon as it hits the pan.
- When the fat is browned, place the steak face down and weigh it down to keep it from curling upwards.
- Flip over in 4.5 minutes (or when a beautiful crust is formed) and add 1/2 tbsp of URB'N Garlic Ghee.
- Now it’s time to baste. Tilt the pan to collect the oil on one side and using a spoon baste the steak for 1 minute or until your preferred internal temperature.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Brush the remaining URB'N Garlic Ghee on the resting steak and dig in!