Baking without butter makes me sad. As a lactose intolerant person, I missed baking with butter.
Enter Ghee: Now I can substitute melted butter for Ghee 1:1 in most recipes, and still enjoy the awesome taste of butter, without the side effects of lactose ingestion.
Check out this awesome recipe adapted by my wife, for flourless (gluten-free), Monster Cookies. Shoutout to Ambitious Kitchen for the inspiration!
Note: Ensure that the volume of Ghee is measured when MELTED!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Mise En Place
Makes 20 cookies
- Natural peanut butter - 1 cup
- O.G. Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Packed Coconut Sugar - 1/2-2/3 cup
- Eggs - 2 units
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Gluten-free old-fashioned oats - 1 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- M&Ms - 1/2 cup
- Dark chocolate chips - 1/4 cup
- Chopped pecans or walnuts - 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mis together the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Next, stir in the dry ingredients. And finally add all of the mix-ins.
- Using a large scoop, place rounded balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between them to spread.
- Add a few M&Ms on top of each dough ball. If you like fat cookies, do not flatten the dough. If you like thinner cookies, use your hands to gently flatten the tops of the dough before baking.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until edges are barely golden brown. Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
- DIG IN!