Sweet Potato Brown Sugar Casserole
Enjoy as a dessert, or reduce sugar and remove vanilla to serve as a side to Turkey et al!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Mise en Place
For the sweet potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes - 2.5 cups sweet potatoes: boiled, peeled and mashed
- MC Ghee - ¼ cup, melted
Milk - ¼ cup
- Maple Syrup ¼ cup
- Vanilla - ½ teaspoon
- Egg - 1, beaten
- Salt to taste
For the topping
- MC Ghee - 2½ tbsp
- Brown sugar - ⅓ cup
- GF Flour - ⅓ cup
- Pecan pieces - ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Mash the sweet potatoes and add the melted MC Ghee, milk, sugar, vanilla, beaten eggs, and a pinch of salt. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Using your fingers, combine the MC Ghee, brown sugar, flour, and pecan pieces in a small bowl, to create moist crumbs. Sprinkle generously over the casserole.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and the top is a yummy golden brown.
- Let the mixture cool and firm a bit before serving.
- Serve with whipped or ice cream for an extra OOMPH