Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Mise en Place
- URB’N Garlic/OG Ghee - ⅓ cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Cracked black pepper - 2 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 2cm piece, finely grated (microplane works best)
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Sea Salt
- Parsnips 300g, halved or quartered lengthways
- Carrots 200g, small/medium halved lengthways
- Turnips 250g, halved or quartered
- Garlic 2 cloves, sliced thin (if using OG Ghee, not required for URB’N Garlic)
- Shallots - 2, halved lengthways
- Your favourite herbs (we like chives and parsley)
- Natural yogurt/sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan on low heat until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400F). Mix ghee, cumin, coriander, paprika, ginger, honey and salt in a large bowl
- Put the vegetables in a large roasting tray, pour into bowl with marinade and toss well. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast for another 25 minutes or until the veg are cooked and slightly caramelized. You can also use the broiler here to get some light charring.
- Finish with a blob of yogurt/sour cream, and chopped herbs on top.