Skip to content
Ghee-infused Old Fashioned
Mise en Place
To create Ghee-washed Rye Whisky
- O.G. Ghee - 1 part
- Canadian Rye Whisky- 4parts
For the cocktail
- O.G.Ghee washed Rye Whisky- 2-2½oz
- Bitters (dealer’s choice)- 2 dashes
- Simple syrup - 1 bar spoon (¼ oz)
- Orange/Lemon peel- for garnish
O.G. Ghee-Washed Rye Whisky
- Melt O.G. Ghee in a small saucepan over low heat. Do not allow it to smoke.
- Pour desired amount of whisky into a mason jar, or heat resistant container.
- Pour appropriate ratio of ghee into jar with whisky in it, and cover.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Place the jar in the freezer UPSIDE DOWN for at least 2 hours.
- Once fat is fully solidified, pour whisky into final storage container
- This is a build in glass cocktai.
- Add syrup, bitters (we like Black Cloud Bitters from YYC!) and whisky, and stir. Check flavour balance, before adding ice
- Add large ice cubes, and stir until the grass starts to bead condensation.
- Express oils from citrus peel into drink, then toss into the glass.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.